Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Mikachu!

Fairy's Soul [wip]

Timmir

Shadowstep Ooh Shiny! I Need A Medic! The Giving Tree
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

Fairy's Soul [wip]

Post by Timmir on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Just to note. This is here so I can put ideas on paper before I have to commit to anything, and also allow me to work on it on my mobile when I want to. So this may not fully represent what I finally decide to go with.

Name: Fairy's Soul
    Type: Weapon
    Description:
    Picture:
    Length: 1 meter
    Weight: 2 lbs.
    Strengths:
    - Unbreakable
    - Deals user class damage (up to S class)
    - The blade is sharp
    - Can only be properly wielded by those the sword has chosen.
    Weaknesses:
    - Must be in contact with user in order for them to benefit
    - Fairy's Soul requires the user to be fully convicted in what they are doing. If the sword senses any doubts in it's wielder in what they are about to do, it'll cut off it's connection with it's wielder. This will cause the blade's edges to lose their glow, making the blade become dull and deal only a maximum of D rank damage (or 20% Damage if the wielder is currently D or F class.) The sword also loses all of it's abilities (reverting back into a sword if shield mode is in use at the time.) These debuffs last for 3 posts when the sword will reestablishes it's connection with it's wielder. The wielder may however spend 10% of their HP and MP in order to forcibly reestablish the connection themselves.
    - The sword can be dropped and/or stolen.
    - The sword cannot be handed to someone that is not it's chosen wielder without them suffering damage.
    - The edges of the blade glow when it's being wielded, making it ineffective for sneak attacks.
    - It's wielder must be able to use magic in order to properly use this weapon. If they do not, then they will find the sword's blade is dull (doing only D damage) and has no abilities. On the plus side though, the sword also doesn't deal them any damage.
    Abilities:
    - Guiding Soul: The users attacks deal Light damage.
    - Vision: By reading the magical energies around it, Fairy's Soul is able to give it's user small glimpses of the possible future. In battle, these glimpses are able to warn the user of incoming attacks, giving the user a better chance to react to said attacks. This by no means mean the user is automatically able to avoid the attack. It just gives them a better chance then they normally would have to react.
    - Shield Mode: Using the connection between them and the sword, the wielder may have Fairy's Soul transforms into a shield. While in shield form, the user is unable to attack effectively with it, doing 80% less damage when he attempted. However the shield is able to effectively block 3 attacks equal to the users rank before transforming back into a sword. Otherwise the shield lasts for 4 posts or until the wielder wills it to turn back. Fairy's Soul will also return back to it's sword form if it's wielder loses their connection with it. 5 Post Cooldown.
    - Feedback: When the sword is wielded by someone who is not it's chosen wielder, it will cause damage to it's new wielded equal to their Class each post.

Last edited by Timmir on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 4 times in total

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Timmir

Shadowstep Ooh Shiny! I Need A Medic! The Giving Tree
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

Re: Fairy's Soul [wip]

Post by Timmir on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:06 am

Fairy's Soul an ancient weapon forged during a time that has long been forgotten. Only the most dedicated and astute are known to find any reference of it in old folklore that's been past down from generation to generation. What can be seen by just the sword itself is that it's no ordinary sword. The sword appears to somehow connect with it's user, using their own personal magical energies to power it's own. This connection is also how it is able to relay information to it's user via visions and shut it's magic supply off when it's user ends up attacking someone who they don't see as an enemy. It does come at a cost to though. The sword requires to match itself with the unique magical signature of it's wielder to form the conection. Without this, the user faces risk of their own magical energies rebounding off the sword, and injuring themselves in the process.

Folklore:
    To be written later.

Mouse's Notes

This sword, Fairy's Soul as it's apparently called, is nothing like anything I've ever seen before. At first glance, it appears to be nothing more then a fancy display piece thanks to it's age and dull blade. Yet this could not be farther from the truth.

The blade appears to have been forged by ancient magics that have long been forgotten by our world. These magics seem to be what allows the weapon to connect itself to the wielders. This allows it to use it's wielders magical energy as an energy source in order to power it's own magical power. Yet, surprisingly enough, this doesn't seem to actually drain the wielder of any of their magical energy. Makes me wonder why the sword needs to connect to it's wielder magical energy in order to work. Perhaps there is something that I'm missing here. Maybe it has something to do with the method on how it connects to it's wielder.

I'm going to have to go investigate about the sword more to see what I can find out. Perhaps I may even be able to find a story of some kind that may shed some light on what this sword actually is.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:50 am